This page is under construction
Please contact the SSMU Events department at email@example.com for any questions concerning room booking
How to Book Alcohol Service
If you would like to serve alcohol at your event in the University Centre, please select it as an option when submitting your room booking request.
If you are a SSMU-affiliated Club, Service or ISG, please make a request here.
If you are part of the McGill Community or you are an External Client, please make a request here.
*Please not that alcohol service cannot be requested independent from a room booking. Our license is applicable strictly to the University Centre and cannot be leased outside its’ premises.
Requirements for Alcohol Service
As per SSMU’s alcohol license, all alcohol must be supplied exclusively by SSMU.
All outside alcohol will be confiscated and discarded.
All inquiries in regards to pricing and beverage options should be directed to the Events Administrator.
We are required to staff a security agent(s) ($30/hour) at your event to ensure the safety of guests.
As per SSMU’s alcohol license, alcohol must be served by SSMU operations staff only ($22/hour).
Your Obligations as an Event Host
- Please communicate to your guests that underage drinking and bringing external alcohol to your event is not tolerated.
- We also expect you to establish a culture of responsible drinking during your events (drinking games and gambling are strictly prohibited).
Consequences for Violating the Rules and Regulations
- Security agents will confiscate and dispose of any and all outside alcohol.
- Security agents will ask guests to leave the event if they are found breaking the rules.
- Security agents have the authority to shut down the event (should they deem it unsafe).
- If violations are severe, future events organized by the group may require security at all times. Additionally, the SSMU reserves the right to suspend booking privileges indefinitely.