The SSMU Awards of Distinction are designed to recognize students who have demonstrated a combination of strengths in both extra-curricular activities and academics at McGill University.
Scholarships valued at two thousand dollars ($2,000) each, will be awarded. To be eligible, a candidate must be an SSMU member* who will have completed twelve (12) credits during the current academic year (as of April 1st 2019) and be studying at McGill or another academic institution in an undergraduate program in the 2019-20 academic year.
*Graduating students are not eligible.
Applications must be submitted electronically to the SSMU Funding Committee. You can access the application form here.
Deadline for submission is February 25, 11:59 PM, 2019.
All applications must include the following:
- A Resume that includes a factual list in chronological order of an applicant’s principal extra-curricular activities.
- A Cover Letter (1 page maximum) to the following essay questions: (a) What have been your most significant contributions to the quality of student life at McGill University and why? (b) What are your long-term goals? How have your academic endeavours contributed to the achievement of these objectives?
- 2 Letters of Recommendation: (a) From a Professor at McGill (b) From an individual who can attest to the significance of the applicant’s contributions to student life.
- Unofficial or official transcript from McGill.
- If you have extenuating circumstances of which you would like the selection committee to be aware, you may provide any necessary documentation.