Conservative Association at McGill University
The Conservative Association at McGill University, also known on campus as Conservative McGill, is the official arm of the Conservative Party of Canada (CPC) in the McGill community. We are recognized as a Conservative campus organization pursuant to By-Law 2 of the CPC Constitution, and are an active member of the Conservative Party National Campus Network.
Our mission is on campus is:
- the advancement of the aims of the CPC
- the entrenchment of conservatism more broadly, on and off campus.
Our view of conservatism is guided generally by the following principles:
- Limited, constitutional government
- Free markets and free enterprise, private ownership and personal responsibility
- Equality before the law and a justice system that holds everyone equally accountable, that punishes criminal offenders and that protects the law-abiding
- Foreign policy that advances and supports freedom and democracy around the world
- Responsible, fact-based stewardship of the environment